The professional field of the physiotherapist is very diverse one, and is currently one of the most called for professions in our society. In the Degree in International Physiotherapy from the School of new Interactive Technologies (Escola de Noves Tecnologies Interactives – ENTI-UB) and the School of Health and Sport (Escola de la Salut i l’Esport – EUSES-UdG) they are aware of this situation. For this reason, offers a quality theoretical-practical training that is 100% in English, aimed at improving your access to the jobs market, be it national, European or international.
Once you have completed these studies, at the Campus of the University of Barcelona (UB), you can opt for a wide range of career opportunities. Notably:
- The health field. Graduates in physiotherapy can carry out their profession, working in insurance companies, hospitals, rehabilitation centres, primary care, nursing homes, etc.; specialising in various branches of medicine, such as: traumatology, paediatrics, cardiac and respiratory conditions, ergonomics, neurology, urogynaecology and rheumatology, among others.
- Social health field. The physiotherapist is an essential figure in a social healthcare centre, caring for the elderly in nursing homes or day centres, evaluating their physical condition, treating their conditions individually and collectively, either for rehabilitation or in order to provide palliative treatments, following the evaluation of the pathological process, participating in campaigns to promote healthy habits, among other tasks.
- Teaching. Academic professional development is currently a focus of great interest in the world of physiotherap You will be able to work as a lecturer in public and private universities, forming part of the university teaching staff, as well as in secondary education and vocational training (FP (Formació professional), FPO (Formació professional ocupacional). In the field of education, you will also be able to work in non-regulated training and courses or in special education schools.
- The field of technological innovation. Thanks to the synergies between ENTI-UB, the Video Games University, Harvard Medical School and EUSES-UdG, the University of Health and Sport, you will gain the know-how you need to develop professionally in the area of technological application and e-health in the field of physiotherapy; an innovative sector, of growing importance and with a broad spectrum of development in our society, since it brings together such important aspects as health care and the new health 2.0 tools as well as Serious Games or gamification.
- The field of sport and leisure. It is increasingly common to see the figure of the physiotherapist at sporting events and leisure activities. In this regard, it should be noted that a large number of gyms, organisations and sports clubs have this type of professional, since they are specialists in the re-adaptation and rehabilitation of athletes. Moreover, in the leisure and entertainment field the presence of these professionals should also be highlighted, for example, in swimming pools, health resorts, spas or hotels with similar activities, among others.
- Entrepreneur. Another employment option is working as a self-employed professional, either working in your own rehabilitation centre or as part of multidisciplinary teams, i.e. in clinics, primary health care centres, hospitals or private insurance centres.
Opt for a wide range of professional opportunities, by studying the Degree in International Physiotherapy, the only qualification in English that combines physiotherapy with technology.