Professor of EUSES – Center attached to the UdG. Doctor in Molecular Biology, Biomedicine and Health. Degree in Human Biology and Master’s Degree in Neuroscience.
During Master’s Degree, she conducted a research internship in the Biomedical Research Institute of Barcelona.
In 2015, she joined the Nutrition, Eumetabolism and Health Group within the Girona Biomedical Research Institute (IDIBGI) to pursue her PhD, funded by Agència de Gestió d’Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca and La Marató Foundation of TV3. She fulfilled part of her research at the Minerva Foundation Institute for Medical Research (Helsinki, Finland), funded by short-term fellowship from Biomedical Research Networking Center for Physiopathology of Obesity and Nutrition. She defended her Doctoral Thesis in 2020 in the University of Girona. Currently, she is a postdoctoral investigator in IDIBGI, combining her research career with teaching activities.
She has actively participated in several national projects and defended her work in both national and international congresses. Her main publications are presented below:
– Latorre J, Lluch A, Ortega FJ, Gavaldà-Navarro A, Comas F, Morón-Ros S, Rodríguez A, Becerril S, Villarroya F, Frühbeck G, Ricart W, Giralt M, Fernández-Real JM, Moreno-Navarrete JM. (2021). Adipose tissue knockdown of lysozyme reduces local inflammation and improves adipogenesis in high-fat diet-fed mice. Pharmacol Res. 2021 Feb 5.
– Moreno-Navarrete JM, Latorre J, Lluch A, Ortega FJ, Comas F, Arnoriaga-Rodríguez M, Ricart W, Fernández-Real JM. (2020). Lysozyme is a component of the innate immune system linked to obesity associated-chronic low-grade inflammation and altered glucose tolerance. Clin Nutr. 2020 Sep 4: S0261-5614(20)30452-0.
– Latorre J, Ortega FJ, Liñares-Pose L, Moreno-Navarrete JM, Lluch A, Comas F, Oliveras-Cañellas N, Ricart W, Höring M, Zhou Y, Liebisch G, Nidhina Haridas PA, Olkkonen VM, López M, Fernández-Real JM. (2020). Compounds that modulate AMPK activity and hepatic steatosis impact the biosynthesis of microRNAs required to maintain lipid homeostasis in hepatocytes. EBioMedicine. 2020 Mar; 53:102697.
– Latorre J, Fernández-Real JM. (2018). LncRNAs in Adipose Tissue from Obese and Insulin-Resistant Subjects: New Targets for Therapy? EBioMedicine. 2018 Apr; 30:10-11.
– Latorre J, Moreno-Navarrete JM, Mercader JM, Sabater M, Rovira Ò, Gironès J, Ricart W, Fernández-Real JM, Ortega FJ. (2017). Decreased lipid metabolism but increased FA biosynthesis are coupled with changes in liver microRNAs in obese subjects with NAFLD. Int J Obes (Lond). 2017 Apr;41(4):620-630.